Thursday, January 5, 2012

Healthy Recipe: Breakfast

This morning I needed a super kick start to the day and I made one of my favourite things in the world- Omlette!

Ingredients: 
1 egg yolk + 2 egg whites
1 chicken tenderloin
Spinach Leaves
Chilli

Yes, I said Chilli, not only do I love the stuff and eat it with most of my meals (if not all) it is really good for you!
Chillies Help to Burn Fat Chilli increases the metabolic rate, which aids in the fat burning process. Studies reveal that eating chillies can raise your metabolic rate by up to 23% for about 3 hours. 
You can read more from this article by clicking here.

Method:
1. Whip egg in a bowl and heat pan on low. Add pepper and little salt (if needed) to egg and use extra virgin olive oil on your pan.

Note: I used leftover chicken and was refrigerated. Cook a tenderloin before you cook the egg and slice/shred it to small portions and have it ready beside bowl.

2. Add egg to pan and add ingredients- chicken, spinach and chilli. You can some tomato, mushroom into if you like!

3. Let the omlette create a solid base and flip it in half so that it is closed or like a wrap.

4. Serve on plate and voila! You have a healthy, fast breaky to kick start your morning!

Here's what mine looked like!

No comments:

Post a Comment